Monday, June 1, 2009

Seeing Stars

I've been on a star kick. Not only because they are so awesome looking, but because they are so easy and fast to make. I've had to make a bunch of baby blankets in record time. This one is my favorite so far. It took about two weeks, but might have taken less time if I didn't play around with the border so much (deciding which one to use, getting it to look just right, etc. etc.) and if the yarn cooperated more. It kept wanting to split and I had to slow myself down. My hands did not like that one bit!!!



The next picture was my first star. It only took about 10 days to make, but would have taken less time had I not run out of yarn!!! This has five colors and I personally think it would have been better with only three colors. It looks much better in person. Everyone at the shower ahh'ed and ooohh'ed over it and the mother actually considered naming her baby "Star"!!


Here is the one I've recently started, but I missed the deadline, so it's in my "on hold for now" pile. I love the colors I've chosen. The third is a varigated blue, green, aqua combination that is stunning. I'm not sure if I like the way the different types of yarn look together though, so I may end up changing my mind going forward with the exact colors I've picked on this one.


And finally, a dishcloth I made for Brittani. Again, it looks better in person. This was my first attempt at a yarn over and what a friend recently told me is called a "short row", which I know the knitters out there might be saying, "But that's so easy!!" To me, I was proud that I achieved a new knitting stitch and technique no matter how easy. Oh and I was doing the yarn over wrong for the first wedge. Leave it to me to do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment