Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update ~ Rescue Plant Mission

Ok...so, I'm still trying. I've been called "The Fountain of Eternal Hope" many, many times in my lifetime for many different reasons. When I first started this plant rescue, my DH asked me how long do I plan on leaving this pot of dirt sitting around?

He even attempted to insinuate the thought of only one mere month! The nerve!! Knowing me like he does, I was totally shocked that he would even dare ask me that question. He knows when it comes to plants, my "Fountain of Eternal Hope" is just that - eternal!
Here's why...

I have a plant like the pic above. It was spectacular for a long time. Then after awhile it stopped growing. We all thought it just totally gave up. Being in denial, I kept watering the dirt anyway. One day, lo and behold, it started sprouting again! That was when I learned about plants that become dormant for a brief period.

Ok...so, maybe African Violets may not be one of those plants, but who knows what those roots are doing under that dirt! I removed the leaves that were dead, but I was careful to keep the roots under the soil. I know it doesn't look like much yet, but we'll see!! I still have hope....


1 comment:

  1. lol I thought I was the only one who watered dead things ...because you never know. Watered my first bonsai (a dead stick?) attempt all winter. Even convinced myself buds were coming for a while!

    I don't have much hope for your AV roots though...the roots were likely the problem in the first place. Maybe if there's some stem left though...who knows!
    In case mom gives you another dead plant here's a link for one possible way to give it back :)
    http://dearlydepotted.com/about.htm

    ReplyDelete