Thursday, May 21, 2009

Amazing!

I'm knitting this sock...
It's my first sock! The yarn is Berroco Sox, a self-patterning yarn. It so amazes me how the pattern evolves! How in the world did they dye it to do this? The sock pattern I picked is very simple and perfect for a newbie knitter. The yarn pattern is what keeps my attention. I love seeing what emerges as I knit.

I was so proud of finishing my first sock that I texted a pic of it to a bunch of my friends! The most popular response: Now you have to make another one. Seriously - almost everyone said that!

I was very pleased to see the mate to my first sock had the same red band at the top. I really, really love that red band and was hoping it would happen that way. Little did I know the same exact pattern would continue as well!! Does this always happen or is it beginner's luck? So cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment