Sunday, May 10, 2009

Meet Lily


This precious angel was born May 6, 2009. I got to meet her this past weekend! It's been a really long time since I held a 3-day old tiny, tiny baby - she weighed in at only 5 lbs., 5 oz. Lily was born over 3 weeks early (due May 31). She was excited to make her way into the world and into my heart. I got to hold her almost all day on Saturday while at my gram's 90 year-old birthday party. It was so hard to give her back to her mommy (my cousin). I was trying to figure out a way to sneak her into my purse and bring her home with me. I need to get a bigger purse!! It always amazes me how much noise a newborn could sleep through. We were in a houseful of people and Lily barely opened her eyes. And even then, I think she was dreaming. What in the world could she be dreaming about??? They say babies don't really smile until they are much older, but I saw Lily smile! It was when I told her I love her!!

1 comment: