Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!!!

I'm actually really surprised Earth Day began in 1970. Although I was a very young tot way back in 1970, I don't remember learning about it until way later in my life - maybe high school?? I can't pinpoint the time it really began being important to me, but for years now I've always made sure to contribute in my own little way to help celebrate the Earth and to do what I can to save it. Of course, I recycle as much as possible and I always try to be conscious of being Earth friendly every day, but I really love doing something extra special on Earth Day. This year, I did two things. On Saturday, I told my husband I wanted to plant a tree in honor of Earth Day. He said, "Ok!" Little did I know he already bought one! Since Sunday officially began "Earth Week", we spent part of our day planting this tree...it's a red Dogwood - my favorite!!









I also needed a new water bottle cozy, so I crocheted one using an all-natural yarn (Noro - made from nature) and added a vine design to it....


No comments:

Post a Comment