Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mornin' Sunshine!

Who wouldn't want to wake up cuddled in this sunny, cheerful, afghan?



This was one of my favorite creations yet! If you are a Ravelry member, this is the Sunny Spread pattern by Ellen Gormley. If you're not a Ravelry member, why not?? Ravelry has really changed my crochet life and I am eternally grateful to my friend, Pia, for introducing me to that community. If you decide you really don't want to sign up to Ravelry, I'm pretty sure you could also find the pattern at the Red Heart site.

This was a quick pattern that took me a little over a month to finish. The yarn I used was Caron Simply Soft and believe me, it is sooo soft!! The hardest part and what took the most of my time was deciding on the color combinations. I was first inspired by SissyWoo's Lola's blanket. I started with the same colors, but eventually went brighter. I frogged many squares many times until I had the perfect combination for each square. The final green trim was a spur of the moment decision. Aren't those always the best?

I really love how fun and cheerful this came out! Just looking at it makes me smile and feel better on a gloomy, grouchy day! The best thing? The Mom-To-Be was sincerely appreciative! The crazy thing? The green/pink combination just so happened to be the colors of the nursery! I had no clue! Pure luck!

1 comment:

  1. That indeed is a most cheerful afghan! Love your header photo, too...

    ReplyDelete